Upcoming Israel events at Beth sholom:
Meet Israel Change makers (Federation event) Febuary 7 7:30-9 pm register here.
Tuesday night torah - Israel by decade - every Tuesday night 8:15-9:15 . During the month of January we will focus on 1968-1977.
The topics we hope to cover: The aftermath of the six day and Yom Kipur wars, Israeli sports, Hapanterim Hashcorim (the Israeli black panthers) and changes in music.
The year 5778 is the year marking 70 years of the state of Israel. Every month between the High Holidays and Yom Ha’atzmaut at Beth Sholom will be dedicated to a different decade in the history of
Israel. We will have movie nights, insights in the Dvar, Israeli books to read in the book club, special
lectures and more.
Tuesday Night Torah will be dedicated to learning the Halachic developments of every decade together
with a perspective on historic, cultural realities and how they influence the way halachic reality has changed.
Stay tuned for more programs and opportunities for Israel engagement as the year goes on.
Your Shlicha Rena Ableman
Beth Sholom Congregation and Talmud Torah is committed to the Torah of Israel, the People of Israel, and the State of Israel.
Our Mission: The Israel Advocacy Committee seeks to foster support for Israel and enhance the awareness of Eretz Yisrael as a core value of Judaism. The immediate goals of the Israel Committee are as follows:
- To encourage activities supporting Israel among Beth Sholom members
- To disseminate information regarding Israel
- To hold informative and educational programs about topics related to Israel and religious Zionism.
- To engage in supporting Israel financially and politically
- To encourage travel to Israel and learning in Israel
- To plan and hold events to celebrate Israeli holidays such as Yom Haatzmaut and Yom Yerushalayim.
- As part of our mission this web site will provide information to help fulfill these goals.
The Israel Advocacy project refers you to the following sites which provide information and advocate for Israel.
• The Anti-Defamation League’s Israel: A Guide for Activists is a resource for those who want to do something to support Israel. It provides guidelines and links. https://www.adl.org/what-we-do/israel/israel-advocacy-education
• An extensive list of links is given in the Jewish Federation web page Israel Advocacy Resource Guide.
• JCRC's Israel Advocacy information
• CAMERA, Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America www.CAMERA.org
• The Daily Alert from the JCPA (You can sign up for a daily e-mail newsletter) www.dailyalert.org
• Ynet News
• The Jerusalem Post
• Israel Hayom
• MEMRI Middle East Media Research Institute
• IMRA Independent Media Review and Analysis
• Palestinian Media Watch
• Honest Reporting
• UN Watch
• NGO Monitor
• Israel Beyond the Conflict
• Good News from Israel
• AIPAC monitors a broad range of issues that affect the U.S.-Israel relationship
• A list of sites that can provide your daily news and analyses about Israel is at